[BKARTS] Art Criticism

Jessica:

Since we're both fans of Adorno, here's a passage summing up one aspect
of Adorno's thought, by Friedemann Grenz. I find it particularly
appropriate to the critique of Pinter:

"On  three levels one can take false appearance seriously: one can take
it seriously and consider it true, thus coming to rest on its
falseness; one can take it seriously and recognize it as false, thus
negating it; one can also, however - and  only now  does one in
Adorno's sense really take it  seriously - recognize it as false and
nonetheless as a regulative idea. Only  then has one made it
true...because only in the false, the ideological, can the idea of
correct life arise."

Paul T Werner, New York
http://museuminc.net

"Museum, Inc.: Inside the Global Art World." University of
Chicago/Prickly Paradigm Press