Date:    Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:18:47 -0700
From:    Kevin Thomas <ktbooks77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Looking for Mohawk Superfine Alternative

As has been recommended on this list I have been printing with an Epson C80
printer and absolutely love the quaility of prints that I get for my books.
However, lately the Mohawk Superfine paper that I have been using has been
curling a lot for some reason. I've heard that Mohawk changed this paper
recently and this curling problem seems to be one fo the results of that
change.

Can anybody recommend another uncoated commercial printing paper that they
use in the Epson C80 (or C86 or whatever) that produces as nice results
without the curl?

I really like the Mohawk because it is so much cheaper to use and gives me
almost matching results to Epson matte inkjet papers. The Mohawk also works
so much better in books than ink jet papers. That powdery, ceramic feeling
of most ink jet papers is annoying.

Any ideas of different papers to avoid the curl?

Thanks,

Kevin

> Date:    Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:40:31 EST
> From:    Leonard Seastone <LSeastone@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Looking for Mohawk Superfine Alternative
>
> Kevin.
>
> Try Monadnock Astrolite smooth text or Monadnock Dulcet text.
>
> Leonard  Seastone
> The Tideline Press
> 68 Brook Street
> West Sayville, New  York