Re: [BKARTS] Tone deaf and art blind

did i miss something here? was Mr. Werner not actually referring to putdowns of Florence Foster Jenkins? was there a subtext i missed?

i ask because this last email from you, Jules, really gave me a start.

i used to do webdesign by trade, and i learned that quite a few people are highly intelligent and skilled in many things, yet still not design oriented. great mathemeticians who have trouble mastering english spelling, writers without a design eye, that sort of thing.

so at the risk of involving myself in an altercation here -- could i ask why a man's relatively insightful and passionate review of Ms. Jenkins is so under fire from you for it's layout? sure, i think that the website layout could use some work, too -- but that's to my eye, and really doesn't have anything to do with what Mr. Werner was trying to get across.

...or, what it seemed to me that he was trying to get across. so, why the ire?

- kristen