Re: [BKARTS] art

auhteg wrote:

Its pagination is bookish. You view one page at a time, so although you can
move both backwards and forwards there is a narrative, a sequencing of
events, a direction in which to move, or multiple directions as the case may
be.
Abby

One might say the same of many serial publications that are not books. What would be the equivalent of a binding? Are scrolls books or are their contents the books?

The content of a website can become a book. I did one of the first, Lineland, Mortality and Mercy on the Internet's Pynchon-l@xxxxxxxxx <http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/lineland.shtml>. But were the archives of pynchon-l a book even before I did that?

I think that any expression of the book artist's art -- including self-promotion and non-book-like works -- is relevant here.

-- JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

http://www.newsroom-l.net/