[BKARTS] Tone Deaf

Paul,
Sorry, not to find your response "a tad disturbing." While NOT knowing
Jenkins personally,
having only seen the play, and both cringing and laughing at the stage
performance likeness,
I came away asking myself how I personally delude myself--because I believe
we all do in some way.
Thinking ourselves the best mother, the best bible maker, the smartest in the
room,
having an extraordinary voice...choose your own.

Yes, she finally heard the laughter and it was her end-- a very tragic one,
at least on stage.
One more reason to be gentle with our truths.
Alice

> Date:    Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:35:12 -0500
> From:    Paul T Werner <paul.werner@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Tone deaf and art blind
>
> I got a touch offended by these putdowns of Florence Foster Jenkins, so
> I posted a response on my web-site; some may find it a tad disturbing,
> like Florence herself.
>
> http://theorangepress.com/WOID.htm
>
> Paul T Werner, New York

A L I C E * S I M P S O N