From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Nancy Bloch
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:42 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Adhesive for bookcloth on wood box

In a message dated 1/25/2006 5:30:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
storz@xxxxxxx writes:

Talas  says their new Jade R, a mixture of PVA and methylcellulose,

I've been using Jade R for over a year or two(whenever  Talas first started
selling it) and it appears to be reversible   although I've never attempted
remove a whole large piece of book cloth.  However, it has a thinner, ie.
runnier  consistency than regular  PVA but on the whole seems like a good
product.
We used it in a workshop  recently and there were no complaints by anyone. I
imagine it would work on  wood, in much the same way that the regular Jade
would.
Nancy Bloch