[BKARTS] New Book Arts Class Starting at Otis College in Los Angeles

I am starting a new book arts class next Tuesday and still  have a few slots
available.  Please let me know if anyone is interested in  learning any new
structures and I can incorporate them into the class or feel  free to bring any
projects you are working on or interested in taking on and we  can brainstorm
in class.  All students contribute great creative insight  and this class is
loving, gentle and everyone creates great book art from day  one.  I am looking
forward to another great semester.

Introduction to Book Arts for Beginning thru  Advanced Students
10 Tuesday Evenings Beginning January 31

In  this course we will explore new variations on a variety of book
structures (at least 10 different book structures) including a hand  bound traditional
case binding, exposed spine binding, Japanese stab binding,  altered books,
accordion folds, miniature books and unusual book  structures.  Each student
working at their own level in each class will  create a one-of-a-kind
interpretation of the structure taught using color,  design, decorative papers, fabric,
leather, suede, found objects, recycled  paper, and all types of ephemera.
Each students work will be  a representation of their own voice, no two books
are ever  alike.  Students will leave the class with a small  self-generated
collection of handmade books and the foundation to  create any book they wish.

These book forms can be photo  albums, guest books, writing/art journals,
prototypes for artists’ books,  portfolios, bindings of students own work and
anything else stimulated by the  imagination.

Please call Otis at (310) 665-6850 to sign up for the  class. Otis College of
Art and Design is located at 9045 Lincoln Blvd., LA,  CA 90045.  It is right
by the runway at LAX on Lincoln  Blvd.

Prerequisite: none

First class  materials: supplied by instructor

Lisa Deutsch
President
Los Angeles Book Arts  Center
www.LABookArts.com