Re: [BKARTS] Adhesive for bookcloth on wood box - Canadian flour

On 26 Jan 2006 at 8:18, Lee Churchill wrote:

> P.S. for an amazingly strong bond I have seen one bookbinder
> use "hard Canadian wheat flour" to make a flour paste.

I found some years ago in the Waitrose supermarket 1.5kg packets of flour entitled:
"Very strong Canadian White flour for Bread and Pasta Making" in a brown paper bag
with the Canadian flag.   It works very well and I assume may be the same type of
flour you refer to in your message - so perhaps that is two of us!

Rodney Fry
Crowthorne
England
[Like Michael Faraday,1791-1867, a bookbinder's apprentice who became an
electrical engineer, I'm an electrical engineer who does bookbinding
as a hobby!]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Message sent with PegasusMail 4.21B
System W98 4.10.2222A 2nd Edn on ABIT KR7A-RAID,
McAfee VirusScan v5.21, Mozilla v1.7 browser
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx