Re: [BKARTS] beware commercial liqud glues?

I've had an interesting incident with glues as of late. We almost always
use a no-name generic school glue for our basic covers, White Bond or
the Canadian Tire Mastercraft All Purpose glue. We decided to try the
Lepage All Purpose glue, advertised as "dries translucent"...it didn't.
Dried white as snow. Fortunately, we only used it on one test book.

Now, I'm not sure that these are PVA's at all, but the All Purpose glue
works well for all of the things we want it to do. (I can feel the
hardcore orthodox bookbinders out there just cringing).

Ever the Heretic,
Robert at Octavia & Co. Press