Re: [BKARTS] PVA

Felice:

Their are thousands of formulas for PVA glues just as there are thousands of formulas for paint.

Each of them is different. They are formulated for special purposes.

A few of these formulas are more "general purpose" formulas than others - like wood glue is for wood, white paint is white.

It is important to use a glue formulated for the purpose intended. If you were painting the outside of your house white and you bought interior paint that was black it just wouldn't work very well.

For those of you wishing to use PVA in binding books I would suggest you purchase it from a bookbinding supply vendor.

Greg Campbell
Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.
www.campbell-logan.com
greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey book peeps--
Did you all know that wood glue is PVA? I was looking for cheap PVA & started using white wood glue instead. I can't imagine that
it's any different than the white PVA sold by book art suppliers.
Any ideas? It's ~4.00 for @ 8oz's at Lowe's.
fl

Felice E. Lau
Felix Press