Re: [BKARTS] PVA;: what Elmer's is that?

To my knowledge, PVA acidity is quite different when it is wet and when it's dry.  One needs to be careful about throwing data around without pointing out the criteria for collecting such data.  If "conservation" PVA is significantly less acidic (maybe a buffer was added like calcium carbonate- I have no idea) how does that effect it's adhesive properties eg.  does it hold as long, better, worse?  What happens when it "crosslinks", does it just crumble into white powder?   Has anyone done a dry test from the various PVA's-especially with the improved PVA's produced in the last 15-20 years? Oh yes, also, the archival tests.  What about the possibility that 100 degrees for so much time might not really be a fair comparison TO REAL LIFE ANF TIME?  Not to mention that using an eraser on a piece of paper is a NON_REVERSABLE interventive process.

Bruce