[BKARTS] Substitute for YES Paste

For adhering thin paper (tissue and otherwise) I have had very good luck with Rollataq Adhesive.  It can be used with the applicator or, I've used it quite successfully directly from the bottle with a small brush.  It is low tack, which allows you to reposition glued items, which I find is a plus. According to the label "it forms a clear, film coating that will not bleed through--even thin paper. The coating is not sticky, making repositioning easy. Material remains positionable for 10 minutes. Then, roll it down for a strong, permanent bond. It is Non-toxic, No fumes, Acid free, Non-yellowing."

d.guffey

----- Original Message -----
  From: Sarah Horowitz
  To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:49 AM
  Subject: Re: [BKARTS] pva

  While we're on the subject of pva, what about YES
  paste? Does anyone know if it is archival or at least
  suitable for paper? I find it very convenient when I
  need something that is tacky right away and doesn't
  run or buckle the paper. Specifically, I have some
  Japanese papers that are beautiful but rather small
  and want to attach them to make one larger sheet for
  drawing on (and eventually will be hung and exhibited
  so it needs to be permanent). YES paste seems to be
  the easiest to work with. Any other suggestions?
  thanks,
  sarah