Re: [BKARTS] Regarding translucent paper choices and, while I'm at it, adhesives

	Just to be sure, when binding loose sheets into a book, I use a saw kerf binding,  if the margin allows.  I have not
had much success otherwise, even with double fan binding. (I think doing a successful double fan binding requires some
experience, and I'm still working on my skills.) I also find freshly prepared hide glues preferable to any other for
using on the spine.  PVA and starch glues do not have the strength to do the job. Premixed hide glues and other
commercial products have, for me, proved unsuccessful.
	Unhappiness is having pages fall out in an otherwise beautifully bound book.  This will not happen with a saw kerf binding.
Jet

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

	The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.
The owner pulled a wheel from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.