Re: [BKARTS] PVA & Elsie the Cow

Andie,
Sorry to burst your bubble but there were dozens of cows masquerading as "Elsie". I once lived in St. George, Ontario, Canada where Borden's subsidiary, Malcolm Condensing, maker of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk started. They had a whole herd of "Elsies" that they shipped to shows all over Canada. Just out of curiosity was 'your' Elsie a Jersey or a Holstein? The demo herd was split 50/50.
<grin>
Dave

Andie Thrams wrote:
Elsie is real. When we were kids, my grandfather and my dad owned a grocery store in a small town. My grandfather was friends with someone at Borden's, I think it was, who had Elsie the Cow on their milk labels. One day Elsie actually came to the store, and hung out on the sidewalk, patiently welcoming everyone to stop and pet and chat with her. She was very kind and friendly. We all got free ice cream in those little paper cup containers with the lids that came off with a paper tab, that you could toss like a frisbee...

Andie Thrams