Re: [BKARTS] More recent adhesive research

Since Peter mentioned my name I don't mind saying that I support
what he is doing and encourage him on.

He was kind enough to send a sample to me and this afternoon I sent
a few writing tablets (along with some other odds and ends of school
material) to a cousin of mine who is a Peace Corps volunteer in Tanzania,
East Africa.

The writing tablets were glued together with Peter's adhesive.

Thanks, Peter.

Jack

>Eventually, after about four years, and after a great deal of testing and
>retesting, and tweaking and retweaking by archival and scientific bodies
>here in Australia, a result was achieved, satisfying (hopefully) all the
>various specification demands by the various conservators, at least here in
>Australia.  Furthermore, Jack Thompson, in Oregon, also on this List, gave
>us invaluable advice in the latter days of developing this product.
>
>It is marketed at the following conservation materials supplier under the
>name of Evasol.  International distribution has not yet been determined.
>

>http://www.conservationresources.com.au/home/products/product.php?pid=198
>

>We have been somewhat reluctant to mention this work to the List, as
>prejudice often follows when commercial posts come up, but after watching
>the many posts on PVA in more recent times, we felt that it might be an
>opportune time to bring a little light to the subject.
>
>Peter Krantz.

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217