[BKARTS] standing book press

Dear List -

The State Library and Archives of Florida is in the process of moving its conservation lab to a nice new lab.  However, the new lab space is just a bit smaller than the old lab space.  Therefore, the large floor press (which isn't much used) isn't going.

The press was built by Seybold Machine Co. Inc. (US Patents 1893, 1895, 1896 and 1900).  We received it from a Jacksonville Book Bindery that went out of business years ago.  The whole thing stands about 8 feet high, 2 feet wide and 1½ feet deep.  Being cast iron, it probably weighs between 800 and 1,000 lbs.  The daylight between plates is about 3½ feet.

If you want it, you must be a non-profit, government or school, and you must be able to arrange to get it, as we can't deliver.

Please reply off list to

dblunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,

Dorothy Blunt