Re: [BKARTS] Wood Burning

i'm not sure if its really worth the time or effort to make a branding iron
if your only going to use it once.

could you use a pyrography stylus?
http://www.woodburning.com/

i have one of these myself - its ease of use is unmatched (especially when
compared to the standard woodburning tool sold at major craftstores).  and
you'll be able to use it again for other projects.

if you have to have a branding iron, you could make a mold out of clay.
once the clay is fired, you should be able to heat it up enough to burn into
the wood