[BKARTS] Book Arts Educator meeting

Dear Folks

In January we had a meeting of minds here at The University of Alabama--people who teach aspects of book arts at their colleges and universities comparing notes on teaching practices, curriculum, resources, and the future. In the course of two days we managed to do interview of 20 of the participants--people who create books and teach it as well. These fascinating interviews cover everything from how individual artists make books, letterpress printing and bookbinding, career trajectories, starting book arts programs, to special collection librarians talking about what they collect and their advice to makers and educators.

The interviews are available for download and listening on your computer, or as podcasts available for free from iTunes. Just go to our website and hit the "Podcast" link.

Steve  Miller, Coordinator, MFA in the Book Arts Program.
http://www.bookarts.ua.edu