[BKARTS] Non-intrusive addition to springback

I got into work today to find a colleague - who did not know I bind - with
an early 20th century springback account book on his desk.  It was an unused
ledger from the bank we work at - if had fallen behind a filing cabinet for
about 40 years!

Someone fairly high up in the bank is retiring, and we want to use this
springback in his retirement party.  If you're familiar with UK TV
traditions, we want to do a "This is Your Life" spoof with the book as the
centrepiece, then give it to him.  But we don't want to mark the book, or
stick anything into it with adhesives, because it will be more interesting
to the recipient without any permanent additions.  Nonetheless, we would
like to add some text.

My initial suggestion was to create a signature with the pages that they
want to put in, pamphlet stitch it, and fasten it into the middle of the
book by running a thread (or narrow tape, perhaps, to reduce wear) over the
headband, down the spine, and over the "tailband" as well.  This would
create a "floating" signature which could be removed at a later date.  The
additional thickness would break the marbled pattern on the page edges, and
one wouldn't want to put too much paper in, but it was the best I could come
up with in the 10 minutes I had before my first meeting.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Abi
HYPERLINK "http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com/"http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com