Re: [BKARTS] Rice Starch Paste and antifungicides

Dear Dave:
           I think it keeps well because it is mixed half and half with PVAC.  I understand that PVAC has an
antifungicide added to it, at least, that's what I infer from my reading of "Science for Conservators, v. 3, Adhesives
and Coatings."
	As for things like glaire (made with egg white) and unmixed starch solution, I put out a query to this group several
months ago about using nitrophenol as a antifungicide, and the e-mail was greeted with shrieks of horror by the
chemiphobes on the list.  Nevertheless, I would still like to know how it is used.  (I purchased it from Talas.)
	If you have any info about this product, could you share it with me?
Jet

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

	The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.
The owner pulled a wheel from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.