From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Maria G. Pisano
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:54 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: What ever happened to Elsie the Cow?

 To answer your question: What ever happened to Elsie the Cow?
Elsie (the last embodiment of that name), in 1941, while traveling to the NY
theater district, was severely injured in a truck accident in Rahway, NJ.
Rushed back to Plainsboro, but her injuries were too serious, and she was
euthanized. Plainsboro's  Walker Gordon Farm was her home, and the home of
the
Rotolactor, a 50 cow "merry -go -round" milking machine. She was buried in
Plainsboro
at the farm, and the grave marker reads "You'll Do Lobelia"
In the 90's Walker Gordon Farm gave way to modern day development, and now
it
is populated with stately homes and town houses. The grave marker was moved
and is still here being displayed for visitors. However, her bones, are
somewhere in the debris of construction.
Maria
Plainsboro, NJ