[BKARTS] More Fixor

Hi Jet... I've never tried it for sizing an edge to gild; is this with the machine gilding?
Fixor is a shellac based glaire meant for gold tooling. I've used it as well as Powell's B.S. (TALAS) and the Swiss Aurofix and have never developed a preference though I know many binders who are sworn to one or the other. I see that J. Hewit & Sons has developed their JHS shellac glaire and look forward to trying it.
But all things considered, for gold tooling on good leather, I really don't think anything beats egg glaire though shellac based certainly has its uses in my shop.
Best, James