Re: [BKARTS] a few questions

Thanks, James. I've been to the Bienes - wonderful collection! I'll check out the other sources you recommended.

Okay, more specifically, I'm looking for old hand-crafted books that combine text & images, preferably made by amateur artists. My research is going in the direction of women's use of alternative forms of discourse through hand-crafts, like scrapbooks, so I'm looking for grandmother's travel journal or Aunt Ida's scrapbook. Most of what I've found are from professional book artists or just aren't that old.

I've lived in Florida for 38 years, so I know what you mean. It's just when you are looking for something "antique" that usually means the 1960s down here, at least that's been my own experience.