[BKARTS] Paper grain lesson needed

 This is so basic I'm moderately red faced asking the question.  But I'd
love to learn a few good techniques for testing paper grain.  I tend to use
mixtures of papers in my books and end up fighting with the paper because
I've neglected to understand the grain.

Do any of you have some tried and true idiot proof techniques?

Mary Taylor
Taylor Art Techs
http://www.TaylorArtTechs.com/
mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx