You will be especially interested in Annie Grace...Emma is also chockful.
Hope this helps you.
Julie

On Feb 22, 2006, at 12:00 AM, BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system wrote:

Date:    Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:42:47 -0500
From:    Tammy Powley <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: a few questions

Thanks, James. I've been to the Bienes - wonderful collection! I'll check
out the other sources you recommended.

Okay, more specifically, I'm looking for old hand-crafted books that
combine text & images, preferably made by amateur artists. My research is
going in the direction of women's use of alternative forms of discourse
through hand-crafts, like scrapbooks, so I'm looking for grandmother's
travel journal or Aunt Ida's scrapbook. Most of what I've found are from
professional book artists or just aren't that old.

I've lived in Florida for 38 years, so I know what you mean. It's just when
you are looking for something "antique" that usually means the 1960s down
here, at least that's been my own experience.