Re: [BKARTS] Paper grain lesson needed

Regarding grain...don't forget the importance of what you are adhering your paper to...it too must be grain aligned. When I get a large piece of binder board I determine the grain and then with a pencil draw parallel lines down the board (the same direction as the grain) about an inch apart across the whole piece. The smaller the piece, the harder it is to determine grain, this way no matter how small the boards get cut, all I have to do is look for the parallel pencil lines and I know the grain. I also use this technique on large sheets of decorative paper that I know I'll be cutting smaller for later projects.

d. guffey