Re: [BKARTS] Xylene transfer

Some comments regarding toner transfers

1) Xylene is the active ingredient in blender pens but can be purchased in a hardware store in products such as Goof Off. A small tin will last a lifetime. Blender pens have a tendency to dry up. I pour a small amount of the xylene into a dish and hold the felt tip of a dried out blender pen in the solution and draw up the xylene into the pen. I then use the pen to do the transfer. Alternatively, you can use a Q-tip to spread the xylene, then use another implement to rub the back.

2) Images larger than 5x7 inches are tricky due to movement issues of the original

3) Not all toner copier/printers are equal. Newer laser machines don't use the same toner.

Janet Lee
www.teraplanning.com/JanetPlanetDesigns