[BKARTS] Hole punching

Has anyone had any success with cordless screwdrivers or drills
instead of using an awl? I looked at the Skil "iXO cordless
screwdriver
(picture at: http://www.kent.ca/buy/5765180.htm) today and almost
succumbed. What stopped me was the 1/16" drill bit provided.

Would it be too large for hole drilling? I also wondered how long it
would last if used only on paper. Replacement bits, available only in
the 1/16" size, would cost approx. $5 which could possibly become
expensive in the long run.

Any experiences, comments?

Helen