Re: [BKARTS] Brussels

Here is some info on places in Belgium:

Also in Antwerp is Peppermill art shop which has 100's of papers and tools,
I have bought intaglio tools there that are not available in the US.(I can
look for the address if you like)

About 30 minutes east of Antwerp in Tournout it the Nationaal Museum van de
Speelkaart, Druivenstraat  18, 2300 in Turnhout. It is the National Museum
of Playing Cards which is connected to playing card factory. Apparently the
factory prints almost 80% of all cards in the world. It currently has a
wonderful exhibition on the historical use of playing cards as a replacement
for expensive paper. The museum is amazing.

Forty-five minutes east of Antwerp in Kasterlee is the Frans Masereel
Center. A printmaking residency program with has two vandercook presses, and
a studio for lithography complete with stones, a separate etching studio,
and two separate buildings for silkscreen, one for printing and one for the
darkroom. The are available with application for a three week stay.
http://www.wvc.vlaanderen.be/fransmasereelcentrum/. I have made books and
prints there.

Have Fun!

Hilary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx