[BKARTS] making bookcloth

	I have tried a number of methods for converting cloth into bookcloth, and there are several good ones.  This subject
comes up again and again on this list, and those methods are pretty well described in the BOOK_ARTS archive.
	This is the best one I've tried, and I use it again and again.
	1) Iron the cloth
	2)  Apply Heat n Bond Lite (available by the roll from JoAnn's fabrics online) to the material, using a moderate iron.
	3)  Strip off the Heat n Bond backup paper.  (I use this silicone impregnated paper for many things.)
	4)  Iron on a supporting back of archival tissue paper. (Available from an Art supply store, or even a Dollar Store.  I
have tested the $1 packages of wrapping tissue from Dollar Stores.  Strangely enough,  the tissue is acid free.)
	5)  Trim.
	You now have honest to God bookcloth, a bookcloth that has the right heft and is impervious to glue.  Seems to work
with any fabric.
	There is a shop on Walnut Street in Philadelphia which maintains a scrap bin full of exotic fabrics of 1-2 yards
dimensions, $1 apiece.  A wonderful way to have access to a world of bookcloth.
Jet

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

	The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.
The owner pulled a wheel from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.