[BKARTS] Making Books with Children/Amherst MA

Dear friends

I will be giving a few workshop this coming weekend at the Fiber Art Center in Amherst. There are still some open spaces.

Saturday, March 4, 10-4
Books Around the World And Across the Curriculum
Explore the ways cultures preserve their stories as you learn how to make scrolls from Africa, slat books from ancient China, palm leaf books from Southeast Asia, and accordion books from Mexico and use them across the curriculum. After a look at Susan’s collection of authentic books from around the world, we'll spend a fast-paced day making lots of books.

Sunday, March 5
Making Books Together: A Family Workshop
Session A: Ages 6 and under, 1–2:30 p.m.
Session B: Ages 7 and over 3–4:30 p.m.

We’ll make books together by folding, cutting, and gluing. Embellish your books with rubber stamps, stencils, and collage materials. Families will enjoy their time here and leave with the skills they need to make books at home.

More information at the Fiber Art center website: http:// www.fiberartcenter.com/classes.html

in good spirit

Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord Newburyport, MA

skgaylord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.makingbooks.com