[BKARTS] Photographic Artist's Books (San Francisco)

At the San Francisco Center for the Book on Friday Mar 3, 2006, 7pm

"Photographic Artist's Books"

This hour-long slide lecture by Laura Russell features the work of
photographers and book artists from around the world who are creating
artists books to showcase their photographs. We'll look at purely visual
books that allow the images to tell their own story, and books that marry
image with text to form a compelling narrative. The artist books presented
use everything from palladium prints to ink jet prints to cyanotypes. We'll
explore structures from the simple stapled pamphlet to the traditional
codex to sculptural books that challenge the viewer's definition of a book.
A hands-on viewing of Laura's own photographic artist books will follow the
lecture and slide show.

This lecture is in conjunction with our current exhibition, Photo Books Now
(<http://www.sfcb.org/php/event.php?id=t1-020306-evt>). A checklist of the
exhibition is also available at
<http://www.sfcb.org/html/PBNchecklist2.html>

Directions to the Center are available at
http://www.sfcb.org/html/location.html
More information is available on the SFCB website http://www.sfcb.org