Re: [BKARTS] Determining a correct cover size

It depends... on things such as style of binding (case vs. laced on...), thickness of boards, desired proportions....

How do I determine the exact correct size for my book covers? I have gone to several binderies only to find that they made the covers incorrectly and the spine, joints or boards did not fit my rounded sewn or adhesive bound block as snugly as I wanted.

Books, Boxes, and Portfolios by Franz Zeier. Very clear, simple instructions on several traditional binding types and some non. Available from John Neal, Amazon, ...

Separately, could someone recommend a few books on the basics of book binding so that I can learn more about it and not be in such silly positions?

Thank you very much in advance

Meliva

p.

Peter D. Verheyen