[BKARTS] More Florida, continued

I'm coming in late in the conversation, because that's how I am, but Tammy Powley a few weeks ago wrote the list looking for resources that delved into things like old scrapbooks and Florida history, and I know a lot of great local suggestions were posted by folks like James Tapley, Doug Sanders, and others. There's also the online Florida Heritage Project, Tammy. It's a statewide digital library created jointly by all of Florida's state universities, including Florida Atlantic University, where I am writing from. I had four hits come up when I typed in "scrapbook" using a keyword search.

Here's the site:

http://palmm.fcla.edu/fh/

It's a great resource available no matter where you are... even Port Saint Lucie <wink>. But also do try any of the Special Collections libraries at the universities.... most every one probably has a Floridiana Collection. The idea behind the Florida Heritage Project, though, is especially to get these rare materials reproduced digitally so that they are more accessible to users. A good number of our rare Floridiana pieces housed here at FAU Special Collections are already posted there at FHP, and each year, depending on funding, more are added.

John

John Cutrone
Book Arts Coordinator
The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection: Books as Aesthetic Objects
Boca Raton, Florida