[BKARTS] 18th century India ledger book

Hello Book-Arts folk.  I'm looking for any information you might have on 18th
century bookbinding in India.  In particular, I am trying to identify a binding
I am conserving for a museum.  It is a 1740 Persian translation of an Arabic
text on  astronomy, written in an arabic script and illustrated in Surat.  It
was bound in halfgoat with marbled sides, then rebound with red cloth and
wallpaper sides.  There is a possibility that it was a blank ledger book,
originally, since the dimensions are 18.5" H x 10" W x 1" thick.

Does anyone know about blank ledger books from that time and place?  How about
the paper or stationer's trades in the area?
Thanks for your help!  I have photos, but cannot publish them to the group in
general at this time.
Beth

Beth Heller
Mellon Fellow, Paper Conservation