Re: [BKARTS] Can acid-free tape bleech acidic paper?

It's a long shot, but perhaps the blue paper has Prussian blue pigment
in it.  This pigment can be sensitive to alkalinity (from the archival
tape, with a calcium salt filler). Not exactly in a bleaching sense
though.  It has always been practice to not deacidify blueprints
(cyanotypes), for example, as it will cause the color to fade.  If you
have any of the paper left, place a drop of ammonia (a base) on it, and
see if it turns white.
Contact between alkaline materials and cyanotypes is also frowned upon,
but from what I've read, there really aren't any documented cases where
fading has occurred by contact.

Again, it's just a hunch...

Douglas Sanders
Senior Conservator