[BKARTS] How to Make an Edible Book in Los Angeles - Step 2

How To Make An Edible Book
A Call For Entries Or Entrees, Hors d'oeuvres and Desserts
The Los Angeles Book Arts Center invites book artists and  book lovers of all
ages to cook up a literary feast for the Seventh Annual  International Edible
Book High/Low Tea. The tea will be held Saturday, April 1,  2006, at Kings
Road Park, 1000 Kings Road in West Hollywood, from 2:00 P.M. to  4:30 PM.
Three weeks to go and  plenty of time to take on creating an edible book.
There is no fee to  create an edible book or to attend the show.  After you have
a concept or book you know you want  to “recreate” you then need to think
about:
Choosing  Ingredients
This is a great week to take a “tour” of the  market, ethnic grocery store,
bakery or specialty shop in search of  inspiration.
What is  your favorite food?
What foods  are the colors you are interested in using?
What foods are shapes that reflect the ideas you want to  convey?
What food is Romantic? Mysterious? Childlike? Scary?  Beautiful?
What food is fun to work with?
Will you need any special tools? Special molds? Zesters? Baking  sprinkles?
Once you have acquired some food to work with it is time  to begin
experimenting.
Begin making mock ups of the project to see if your ideas can be
accomplished in the way you envisioned them or if you need to rework the idea a  bit.  Go
with the flow, have fun and  see where it takes you.
The most important thing is to enjoy the project.  Remember this is all about
celebrating  books.  There is no competition, no  judging, and no reason to
stress over anything.  Our youngest participant was 5 years old  and if she can
do it so can you. For inspiration visit our website at _www.LABookArts.com_
(http://www.labookarts.com/)  or _www.geocities.com/books2eat_
(http://www.geocities.com/books2eat) .   We would  love to have you join us in our celebration
of the book and all that it  encompasses as a learning tool, a form of
relaxation and entertainment, a means  for us to express ourselves and a joyous
homage to life.  We look forward to celebrating books and  book art with you on
April 1.
There  is no fee to participate in or view this show, but we do need to know
how many  artists will be creating edible artwork so we have sufficient space
set up for  the work. For more info and to let us know that you will be
placing a piece in  the show please contact Lisa Deutsch at 310-657-2616 or
LAGourmet@xxxxxxx