[BKARTS] On The Value of Original Source Material

Marc wrote:
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
> temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
> Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Franklin was literate. This misquote is not. Even when correctly quoted, Franklin denied writing this book. You can read my rant, learn why it's attributed to Franklin, and see a scan of the correct quote from my copy of the 1759 edition at Gary Frost's website:

http://www.futureofthebook.com/stories/storyReader$605

--
Richard
http://minsky.com