Begin forwarded message:

From: Steve Moran <smoran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 14, 2006 2:50:06 PM PST
To: ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don –

I’ve created a vision piece for a client friend that is launching a business in high-end real estate. It is an 8 x 8 inch cloth-bound book. At this point it has 22 sheets (44 pages). The cover and binding will be gold foil stamped. There are three stocks throughout the inside: vellum for quotes and chapter dividers; a cotton sheet for body copy pages; and a white gloss sheet for image pages. I have handmade paper on the inside covers. I need around 500 of these produced. My challenge is: I’ve begun consulting one of my favorite printers in Denver (who will probably print the insides), and they’re telling me that they can’t perfect bind a cloth, hardcover book with so few pages.

Can you help?

I would need to know if you can even do it, then what it might cost, and finally the time turnaround. We could live with partial, staggered deliveries if this helps.

Thanks for your time,

Steve Moran
Sr Art Director
Morgan & Partners