Re: [BKARTS] paper grain

Hi
This is probably a very basic question, so please forgive, but I used ClickBook to paginate a manuscript, and print it in sections which looks fine, but when I rang the binders, I was told that I can't print an A5 book in landscape, as the grain is facing the wrong way for binding..the book will not stay open if bound this way...so they are suggesting I forget having it section sewn and lay it out in the centre of an A4 page, and then they will cut it to size.
Can anyone give me an opinion on this?
thanks
Jess