[BKARTS] fabric backing and double tack

	This product, available at Art Supply stores, is called double tack  It comes in 18 X 24 sheets.  Half the backing is
removed and the exposed adhesive is applied to the fabric.  When the book is to be covered, the adhered fabric is cut to
order and the remaining backing is removed.
	I have used this procedure extensively to convert fabric to bookcloth..  Although it has advantages (ease of
application to the bookboard, for example), I do not find it as satisfactory as the method I outlined, using tissue and
acrylic bonding material.
	In my opinion, the double tack method makes the bookcloth bulky and a little unwieldy.    Also I have encountered
problems in its adhesive qualities.  Occasionally, it seems the fabric comes loose in spots from the bookboard.  I admit
this is very rare, but when it happens, it seems to be irreparable.
	Anyone else have this experience?
Jet

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

	The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.
The owner pulled a wheel from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.