[BKARTS] Yet another glue question

Hi, I recently joined the list, and have really enjoyed the discussions. I have also been reading your comments on glue in the list archives. One question: it says on the ThistoThat site to
a.. "Be wary of over priced PVAs that claim to be for a specific use. There is very little difference from one PVA to the other, and nothing that should increase the cost."
I'm currently using a bookbinding PVA (Colophon), but am always looking for ways to bring down my materials costs without compromising quality. Do any of you know of a more generic (and lower-priced) PVA that works well for bookbinding?

Thanks,
Barbara Simler
Crescent Beach Publishing
White Rock, BC