Re: [BKARTS] Spokeshave mysteries

What do you use to hold your leather in place. I use a large c-clamp with a wide piece of wood (ca 1/2" x 6" to hold the leather down. Though more a Scharf-fix person, I learned to use a spokeshave from Bill Minter and had great results with it.

p.

I am new to this subject. I have. a spokeshave, and have never had any luck with it. The leather won't hold still and
the result is a total mess. Does anyone know where I can obtain instruction in its use?
I use the Scharf-fix with great success, anlthough the learning curve was rather shallow with this apparatus. I am
afraid the spokeshave learning curve is flat, at least, for me.
Jet

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>