Re: [BKARTS] font sizes: micrometer, anyone?

	This is one of those situations in bookbinding in which a micrometer is invaluable.  I sometimes find fontsize
misrepresented by sellers.  Before casing all my typefaces, I recheck the font size by using a micrometer.  (1/72 inch =
1 pt.)  When I catalog my typefaces, I measure the width of a capital A, and this gives me some idea of how many
characters will fit into an inch.
	In addition, a micrometer in invaluable in paring leather, and allows the user to get a much thinner product without
destroying a lot of leather.
	I also use it to check the thickness of endpapers, and of ordinary and tissue paper, or when I forget the thickness of
the bookboard I am using and want to reorder.
	You can find these wonderful little items of EBAY for a song.
Jet

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

	The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.
The owner pulled a wheel from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.