Re: [BKARTS] font sizes

On Mar 23, 2006, at 3:30 AM, jessica syme wrote:

Could anyone advise me of a font that might work for a book (B5 size) I have been using Times New Roman which looks fine, but I can't seem to get anything between a 12 point and a 14 point - one looks too small and the other too large..The book is part poetry, part essay...so the poetry looks too sparse in the 14 point...
Have you considered letter-spacing of the 12 pt (use copper or brass spacing). I find that letter-spacing of a smaller type makes it look better (sometimes looks larger) than using a larger type to fill-out a space.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020