[BKARTS] spine former

I've not seen a wooden one in many years and it was French. There is an American version about two feet long made of cast iron; I know it was an item in the Hickok catalog. Mine has no maker's name on it. You should check with used bookbinding machinery dealers.
They were/are used for shaping binders board to make spine liners, spring backs, etc. Rather than working the board into the concave just get a range of PVA pipe and work the board around the outer surface. Or you can cut the pipe in half lengthways to use the inside curve. Best, James

James Tapley
Hand
Bookbinder
2077 13th Street