From: Book_Arts-L on behalf of Barbara Simler
Sent: Sun 3/26/2006 3:30 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Squishy books

Hi, thanks to everyone for the helpful comments about pva glue. Another
question (not about glue this time): I have an opportunity to sell my
handmade journals at a weekly farmer's market in downtown Vancouver, BC. I've
never done an outdoor show, and although I will have a tent, I'm still
concerned about the effect of humidity on my books if it rains (and being
Vancouver, it probably will rain!). Have any of you done outdoor craft
fairs/farmers markets in damp climates? How did you protect your books? I
thought about sealing them in cellophane wrappers, but don't really like to
do that, as I find that people are more likely to buy books if they can
handle them.

Cheers,
 Barbara Simler
Crescent Beach Publishing