Re: [BKARTS] Fixor: Cleaning Up

Fixor: a chemical glaire used for gold tooling: Like BS Glaire or Auroschnitt. Sold by BookMakers.
If Fixor doesn't ring any bells, I should probably ask what you use for gold tooling. Maybe your technique works better! This has been a frustrating week for trying to get gold leaf to stick. I've made my own (Mitchell's egg-white recipe) and tried all of the above with only spotty results. Finally resorted to rocking the tools up and sliding foil underneath part of the tool at a time.
I should add that it is dry here (35%) and that I'm working on Pearce calf, which has usually tooled easily. Lost a whole day on this.
BR

-- Pamela Rups <pamela.rups@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob,

Do you mean "fixative," such as a protective spray?

Pam

Bob,
You can't mean Fixor, can you? Fixor is a replacement for plastic
explosive.
see  http://www.fixor.com/Advantages.html
Dave