From: Tom Trusky <TTRUSKY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Font Query
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:00:32 -0700

A colleague has asked a question that has buffalo'd me, and so I pass it on, hoping listees might be able to provide assistance. Please reply off-list--and many thanks.

Q: Have you ever seen a font or artistic rendition of a word that is readable only when tipped at a certain angle? My original thought was to have a question on one page, then the answer on the next. That eats up a lot of pages. I'd like to keep the element of suspense somehow. A method that also included an element of interactivity would be a plus. Do you have any ideas that wouldn't involve hours of child labor and X-acto knives?

Tom Trusky, Director
Hemingway Western Studies Center and
Professor of English
Boise State University