[BKARTS] Damaged books at the Sorbonne

Those among us who have heard from official sources in the French
government and the press that priceless or irreplaceable books were
destroyed or deliberately burnt during the occupation of the Sorbonne
by protesters will be relieved to hear that the damage turns out to
have been far smaller than at first stated: some reference books appear
to be missing; however, most of the works involved were not medieval
originals, as previously believed, but nineteenth-century compilations
that were already in the process of being digitized.

I've accumulated a good deal of evidence on all this; anyone interested
in the details is welcome to contact me.

Paul T Werner, New York